UA Center for Regional Food Studies
Applications due Friday, May 5th, 2023
The UA Center for Regional Food Studies (CRFS) is offering up to 5 awards of $500 to any UA graduate or undergraduate student in support of food-related research or educational activities over the summer 2023. Funds can be used to cover tuition costs or other expenses related to the successful completion of planned academic work related to food during summer 2023.
If awarded funding, recipients will be expected to:
- File a 1-2 page blog post for the CRFS website and media. The blog post should summarize your work and briefly describe your activities during summer 2023 and how the funds helped to support your academic goals and/or research.
- Share a 10-15-minute oral presentation at a CRFS event in the 2023-24 academic year.
UA students from all departments, disciplines and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please submit the following as one PDF to assistant director, Dr. Laurel Bellante, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5th, 2023.
- Basic information, including full name; mailing address; phone number; email address; UA Net ID and student ID number
- A current resume or CV
- A one-page essay briefly describing how funding will support your educational goals and/or research. Please describe what research, projects, and/or coursework is planned and how financial support will be used to enable those activities. In your essay, please articulate how your current research or program of study aligns with the mission and goals of CRFS (see our website: https://crfs.arizona.edu/)
- Note: Financial need will be taken into consideration in the review of applications.
Candidates will be notified by June 1st and funds will be disbursed within 6 weeks of award notification.
Please direct any questions to CRFS Assistant Director, Dr. Laurel Bellante, at email@example.com.